1. Three favorite books that inspire your writing.
IN OUR TIME, DUBLINERS, THE GREAT GATSBY
2. What you do when you’re not writing.
I make espresso on my Italian stove-top, pat the cats, and travel the world. I’ve lectured in Hong Kong, Helsinki, Stockholm, Auckland, Martha’s Vineyard, Los Angeles, San Diego, Prague, and Vienna.
3. The hardest thing about writing for you.
Editing. I have a tough time churning through what I once considered inspired work and cutting out all the BS.
4. What you’re excited about right now.
Promoting my new book in Honolulu, especially in Waikiki.
5. Which book would you recommend a reader start with?
THE QUEEN OF MOLOKA’I: https://www.amazon.com/Queen-Molokai-Book-Based-Story/dp/173076617X